free website stats program Tired of a mess | Harley Davidson Forums

Tired of a mess

hotrodjohn

I was tired of always having a mess when I changed the oil/trans/primary oils. I use a jack to lift the bike but I could not find an oil tray that fit under the jack. I made my own out of diamond plate that I had laying around. I just welded up a tray and made some cuts in it for hand access to the drain plugs and also bent up a splash shield that hooks around the jack and also clips into the tray. Drilled a hole in the bottom where it can drain into a collection tray.

I also found a PVC 1" threaded nipple that makes a nice funnel extension for the oil fill:D

Now if it would get warmer than 33 degrees I could try out all of these new ideas:)

Attachments

• IMAG0052.jpg
    IMAG0052.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 247
  • IMAG0053.jpg
    IMAG0053.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 232
  • IMAG0054.jpg
    IMAG0054.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 225
  • IMAG0055.jpg
    IMAG0055.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 242
  • IMAG0056.jpg
    IMAG0056.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by a moderator:
I always change my fluids with the bike on the jiffy stand, but I like that PVC idea.

That's some nice mig or tig work.

I am always amazed at the fabricating abilities of you guys here.
Nice work and very practical.....

Hotrodjohn,
Great idea. would you be offended if your idea was copied ? If not could you give some measurements for us to follow. I too have that problem with the bike on the jack and this idea seems the best solution I've seen.

NICE. hotrodjohn,

I notice the Bung plug out.. Hope you remember to put it in...:small3d023:

Before you drain:rofl

I would not doubt you could sell them One at a Time..

You could have ME and/or few Others here in AZ. BETA them for you:D

WE Do have it a little warmer here and ride YEAR AROUND...

That Caps.statement above, usually gets Lots of new people here sooner,,, an Early retirement is the time.

In a weeks time, a person like you could Tig weld one day, sell them the next day. THEN ride on ALL the others....:s

Bring sunscreen :bigsmiley22:

signed....BUBBIE

I guess I am just cheap and easy. I use a cat litter box.

Ha, that's what I use too, I get them from the dollar store a few at a time and toss them after a couple uses. easy to cut with a razor knife to get just the right size if needed.

Back