free website stats program tire wear | Harley Davidson Forums

tire wear

mcmjarhead

My 2008 fatboy's front tire is cupping on the outside edges of the tire. The bike and tires have 8000 miles on them. I thought the front tire in general was always going to get double or at least a third more mileage of the rear tire, any thoughts?

What brand tire do you have? On some brands 8000 is not to bad, and quite a bit depends on your riding style, type of roads and if you watch the air pressure. And welcome to the Forum

They are the stock HD dunlop tires, I was concerned because most of our riding is done on primary and secondary roads. Not much highway use. Pretty much the rides are long distance. never beat the bike. Air pressures are correct for rider and passenger. Thanks for the welcome.

They are the stock HD dunlop tires, I was concerned because most of our riding is done on primary and secondary roads. Not much highway use. Pretty much the rides are long distance. never beat the bike. Air pressures are correct for rider and passenger. Thanks for the welcome.

Ofcorse, mine are on a 09 FLHR. I got 21,000 out of a front... Could of More but wheel off for warranty on a warped calliper, so had them install a new Stock tire...

19,000 on the next one, also changed out early for safety... All running Smooooooth.

I'd see a dealier about the tires, being stock ones and Cupping... I think they May replace it as some of their stock tires had problems in that mannor..

Also reversing the pattern (made that way) on the replacements helped to get the mileage...

Look at yours and see IF the Y is forward or reversed pulling water toward the center is the latest Long Mileage ones...

Go easy and ask,,:bigsmiley15:,,,IF No then you can demand:hummer

Just My Way

welcome

signed....BUBIE

My 2008 fatboy's front tire is cupping on the outside edges of the tire. The bike and tires have 8000 miles on them. I thought the front tire in general was always going to get double or at least a third more mileage of the rear tire, any thoughts?
Mine does the same thing. Last tire started cupping around ten or twelve thousand. I figured I wasnt watching the air pressure close enough. I ended up getting over 24,000 miles on the tire. Of course I pushed it a little pass the wear bar, but, still had tread. I think my first tire did the same but not as much mileage because the dealer wouldnt pass it during state inspection. May be something with the stock tires. Good luck.

Your 2008 dunlop should be covered under the Dunlop tire recall.
If they give you a problem let us know,I'm sure I can dig up the original recall and the memo to the dealers for you.

Back