free website stats program Tire replacement | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire replacement

I had a rear tire that began wearing odd like that and I found that it was way under weight rate for the bike. Not saying for sure that is why you are getting "lumpy" wear. I don't know what tires you use, but you might look at that. Write down the entire number on the side wall and post it on here, and someone who knows their stuff can tell you what the weight rating is.

Hey Bull Dog,
The tires are stock dunlop installed at eastside HD in Belleviue. what ever HD spec. is. I ride hard and on a lot of Blue roads with lots of curves.. When its just me I tend to work hard through the corners and that is why i think the tread ware is a bit lumpy on the front tire...I keep things properly inflated. I've thought about dual density tires and have ruled them out as they are generally rated for lighter bikes (I ride an 08 Ultra Glide fully dressed)I about due for both front and rear tires this spring...Does any-body have any recomendation for alturnative tires? Hey Bull Dog . Do you ever ride that road between Goldendale and Glenwood?

My best results are with the factory Dunlops. One word of CAUTION, when both new tires are installed reacclimate yourself to the bike. Steering inputs will happen alot faster and cornering will be smoother. Your mileage on tires is not bad.

Hey Bull Dog,
The tires are stock dunlop installed at eastside HD in Belleviue. what ever HD spec. is. I ride hard and on a lot of Blue roads with lots of curves.. When its just me I tend to work hard through the corners and that is why i think the tread ware is a bit lumpy on the front tire...I keep things properly inflated. I've thought about dual density tires and have ruled them out as they are generally rated for lighter bikes (I ride an 08 Ultra Glide fully dressed)I about due for both front and rear tires this spring...Does any-body have any recomendation for alturnative tires? Hey Bull Dog . Do you ever ride that road between Goldendale and Glenwood?

I live on that road... I'm 1.5 miles from the east end of it where it T's with Hwy 142. Then north on private gravel about a mile. So I have some nice riding right out my door - LOL

As to the tire recommendation. Your ride you decide, but I am real happy with the Metzeler ME880s, with the load/speed rating of 77H rear, 71H front.

I drove throught that area about 10 or 12 years ago on a time out. When I bought my first Harley That was my first long ride. Those tires worked very well!

Back