free website stats program Tire Prices? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire Prices?

I run car tires on the back $80.00. Good for 30,000 miles, its a lopdun too. That 407 is good for 12-14000 in most cases! Might try a car tire on the front if I can one to fit? Dynabeads for bal
rockenrobert
gotta see the world, it will only take a minute

Last edited:
I run car tires on the back $80.00. Good for 30,000 miles, its a lopdun too. That 407 is good for 12-14000 in most cases! Might try a car tire on the front if I can one to fit? Dynabeads for bal
rockenrobert

Robert, how long have you been running car tires on the rear of your bike. Something new or for several past years?

Thanks for all of the info...

Unfortunately it looks like the only price break I can get might be on the labor side of things. Every tire dealer I check including online and brick an mortar are within $1.00 or so of the dealers quouted price. The factory tire is a Dunlop D407 (the bike is a SE) and it appears that HD has Dunlop protecting the prices on that model of tire. This time it looks I'll have the dealer replace them and hopefully while I am wearing these out I'll come up with a better solution. Not much of choice unless I want to lose riding time.

The orignal tires did sit alot as the bike had just 3514 miles on it, for an 07. Hopefully the new tires wear better.

Good deal Scubasigguy, you could do the deed as carryin if you have the lift, patience and time...but in this case I would think like you to the future when you are more familiar and prepared for tire-wheel R&R. Still 4500 miles or so on tires is pretty low unless you do your favorite Hobbit imitation (no offense Mr. H...). Seriously, was the wear uneven or just straight up square off worn out?

My question to you is Are those miles on the bike Correct???? and Not changed???

I would Never think that bike would wear-out a back tire in that few of miles..

I also agree with Smitty 901... Too Much $$.

I would take "my" HD bikes around the corner to a Honda shop in Sierra Vista and get Good tires (ordered) without the HD logo on them,,,, But the same exact rubber compound and numbers...... Their Full off and mount, balance was so much less than HD's shop that I would let them do the Full Job..

They carried the same tires as the HD shop and could order them saying HD but you saved another 30-40$$ by no HD on the side wall.... Lot of HD bikers go there...

Check your area and you might be surprised at the savings and the Quality I found at a metric dealer.

signed....BUBBIE

I agree with Bubbie. I just got a new HD tire from the Honda dealer (for 100 less then HD dealer wanted ) and 30 bucks less to mount it. They had it in stock. Didn't offer me no HD model but thats ok. Either way good deal.:D

I just bought a rear tire for mu Ultra $104.99 from Rocky Mountain ATV free shippping it is a Michelin Commander after putting some miles on it I will never run a dunlop again unless i,m forced to. I have pu many moles on several brands of tires. These by far ride so much smoother. Good luck with your dealership and ride safe.

A rear tire cost around $$ 225 installed ! Anytime you get parts for a MC it cost more . I get 15,000 to 16,000 miles out of my rear Dunlop D402 , I don't do burn outs at all & I don't ride 2 up very much .

rockenrobert

This will get you flamed once the regulars get home from work and start posting. Almost as bad as asking "what oil". I would love to run a CT on my 08 EGC, the added miles alone make it worthwhile to me. My brother has run CT on his metric bikes for years, never had a problem. What brand/size tire are your running? Is your bike stock? I didn't think there were any car tires small enough for the rim.

Hmmm car tires are not motorcycle tires? I think the sidewall isn't designed for the lean you put into the bike ? Also I believe the reason motorcycle tires wear faster is they have softer rubber to give you more grip in a curve? If you have ever had the back end slide on you through a curve you will understand the softer /grippier is better theory? Just my 2 cents. :p

Back