free website stats program tire presure | Harley Davidson Forums

tire presure

thewoff

Im pushing about 80 H-P on my 1200N, even at about 20nph it will break traction what would be a safe presure to drop to and still be rideble? also the pipes I installed "nitemarz" from pipe-dreamz has blown out the right shock so anyone contemplating these pipes should consider, Im not too woried,because it wont efect anything once I put the motor in a softail style frame.

Best advise is to use the recommnended presssure for that tire.

Anything less could comprimise handling.

Try a softer tire compound.

I wouldn't lower the pressure for traction. In cars at the track, that's one thing but on a bike, lowering the pressure can lead to premature failure because of the heat buildup in the tire, not to mention the handling will be compromised.

I agree with dangerdan and glider go with a stickier tire (softer compound ) lower psi might not hurt on short trip down the dragstrip but on the street could be dangerous on a tubeless setup you don;t want the bead to come loose at high speed due to heat buildup .IS THERE ANY ROOM FOR A BIGGER TIRE

I'm going to use the frame from "atlas-Presicion" as for the pipes they exit about 2-3 inches from the shock.

Back