free website stats program tire pressure | Harley Davidson Forums

tire pressure

imaybcrazy

hi all
i dont have a owners manual for my 01 1200. was wondering what the correct tire pressures are for front and back. sticker on the neck says 30 psi front and 40psi back. are they different when riding double? if so what are they?.

Usually the rear is increased by about 2 LBS when riding two up but the 40 LBS sounds a bit high.

Hope this helps:

Mine is an 08 1200C and the manual also lists 30 psi for the front both solo & w/rider, 36 psi & 40 psi respectively for solo & w/rider.

Tire sizes are: Front--- D401F 100/90-19 for all except 883C & 1200C
883C & 1200C Front--- D402F MH90-21
All Rear-----D401 150/80B16

Tracy

I have my 2008 883L for 3 months.
When I picked her up,The Dealer goes over almost everything,
was told to run tires at 40 psi.
Had 1000 & 2500 mile services done and was told same thing.
Checked pressures after services were set at 40 psi.
Is this too high for solo riding.

I have my 2008 883L for 3 months.
When I picked her up,The Dealer goes over almost everything,
was told to run tires at 40 psi.
Had 1000 & 2500 mile services done and was told same thing.
Checked pressures after services were set at 40 psi.
Is this too high for solo riding.

Read the manual...it lists 30 psi front & 36 psi rear for solo...go up to 40 psi for rear only if two-up. Some dealers have a tendancy to overfill probably because 80% of the bikes they service are underinflated when they check and sometimes they get "overzealous" thinking if you were way underinflated when they checked, you do not do it regularly. :33:

BTW 40 psi for the front IS overinflated and could be dangerous as overly inflated tires are more susceptible to blowout, with a sudden bad front tire a particularly bad thing. :27:

On my '07 Sporty the dealer said that Dunlop advised running 36psi front and back both solo and with a passenger. They (Dunlop) said that the higher inflation in the front improved handling.

I just had my 1000 mile service done a couple of weks ago and misplaced my tire pressure gauge. My front tire feels "soft" to the touch, but not like half flat or anything close. Since this is my first bike in a LONG time, maybe I'm just out of touch with things for the time being. It handles fine and felt pretty good for the short time I had it up to 110mph.
It will out run what I'm comfortable with.

Gotta find my gauge. Tracy

Back