free website stats program Tire pressure | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire pressure

I not a big fan of modern technologies bells and whistles but I can agree on one thing the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) on my wifes new car is great. Have not checked the pressures in the 4 months of ownership....

TPMS is a good system, but you still need to check the pressure with most systems. 10 lbs can make a huge difference and some of the systems do not read out on the dash until one tire is that low, I like the newer systems that you can check each tire, don't forget the spare, many have TPMS on them:s

don't forget the spare, many have TPMS on them:s

My son ran a wrecker for several years, one night he said a good percentage of his calls were from folks stranded with flat or badly under inflated spares... We went out and checked mine... It was completely flat. Seems those things inexplicably leak down.

Jack

The tire pressure indicated on the sidewall is the TIRE manufacturers maximum rated pressure for THAT tire...ONLY and probably why it is not "highlighted"! It is NOT necessarily the recommended tire pressure as used on YOUR bike...use the tire pressure indicated on a DECAL on the frame of your bike (or OWNER's manual) AND only if you are using the OEM brand of tire and STOCK wheels as originally fitted. :D

If you use a different brand or aftermarket wheels then you have to find out from the tire manufacturer for YOUR bike application (if you have aftermarket wheels you will have to rely on their recommendation as well). :s

Back