free website stats program Tire Pressure 09 RK | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire Pressure 09 RK

rklew

1200 miles from home and I don't have my manual. I forgot what is the max air pressure on the front and rear tires of my 09 RK , 16" rear, 17" front. We are riding 2 up. Thanks for any replys. Lew

1200 miles from home and I don't have my manual. I forgot what is the max air pressure on the front and rear tires of my 09 RK , 16" rear, 17" front. We are riding 2 up. Thanks for any replys. Lew

LEW, my 09 FLHR calls for 36 front and 40 rear COLD tires.
signed....BUBBIE

whats this Glider??? competition from the big boy?

that PSSSSST sounds like a tire LEAK... better get it fixed...

My wide glide has the pressures on the right side front down tube on the frame.HOPE YOURS IS THE SAME,FINGERS CROSSED.

Hear me out on this one::

I think it actually depends on the brand of tire that you are using. Just went through this at the Metzeler Vendor tent at Daytona Bike week. The stock Dunlops that came on my bike require 30/36 solo, 30/40 with 2 up according to the HD user guide.

Purchased front & rear Metzeler and now must run 38/44 in tires w/1 up. Metzeler insists you must run these pressures or all bet are off.

I am thinking it depends on brand of tire and user guide quotes pressure for the tire that came on bike.. (? maybe)

Hear me out on this one::

I think it actually depends on the brand of tire that you are using. Just went through this at the Metzeler Vendor tent at Daytona Bike week. The stock Dunlops that came on my bike require 30/36 solo, 30/40 with 2 up according to the HD user guide.

Purchased front & rear Metzeler and now must run 38/44 in tires w/1 up. Metzeler insists you must run these pressures or all bet are off.

I am thinking it depends on brand of tire and user guide quotes pressure for the tire that came on bike.. (? maybe)

i was thinking for the QUICK responses and his asking for a 09 FLHR ...... I FIGURED stock..... in my small book it says 36/F 40/R and also notes ALL MODELS....

YES different tires and weights on them do call out for different pressures and I ,,,,, LIKE YOU HOOP,,,,, will go by what the manufacturer calls out for on them..

signed....BUBBIE

I better be careful with the BIG BOY he packs a POOF! button

i was thinking for the QUICK responses and his asking for a 09 FLHR ...... I FIGURED stock..... in my small book it says 36/F 40/R and also notes ALL MODELS....

YES different tires and weights on them do call out for different pressures and I ,,,,, LIKE YOU HOOP,,,,, will go by what the manufacturer calls out for on them..

signed....BUBBIE

Always follow tire manufacture recs

signed....BUBBIE

Yep, my tires are stock and you are right on the pressure. Now that you posted them it comes back to me. :)
Thanks for all the replys gang. :)

Check decals near the steerer frame or in the swingarm area, as the inflation pressure for the stock wheels and tires are located ON THE BIKE. And of course Glider stated and you observed in the owners manual: 36 PSI Front, 40 PSI Rear for two up riding.

Back