Votes: 61 7.7%
  • Maxxis

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 0.5%

• Total voters
Dunlop Elite 3 front and rear
+1

The last set of Dunlops i had the front tire shook and wore out fast. I didn't drive fast or take off fast, normal riding for me all the time. 8000 miles is all i got out of the front tire with Dunlop. I switched to Avon Venom. lasted 12,000 so far.

Air pressure that is to low will cause a tire to ware fast, I have 8.5k on My Dun E3's and they look new still.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a set of the 591's on a past bike. The tread is deeper on them and they gripped well too. No problems at all.

I checked Dunlop because I have them on 2 Bikes and I put Avon Venom's on the Sporty when I redid the Bike. I will see how the Dunlop's hold up!

I have dumbflops (dunlop stock softail tires) on it until they wear out. Depends on what you're after i guess... I've ridden a lot, and tried a lot of different tires. If you want sticky go with AVON or dunlop elite 3's. But you aren't going to get the mileage out of those. I prefer Metzler ME880's. Wish i could find a white letter set, which is what i'll try to do when these dunlops wear out. The metzlers aren't as sticky (beware of the center of the road while wet) because the wet oil on pavement gets slick at times. But the Metzlers seem to go twice as far as the Dunlops. Oh, i will also add... The Dunlops smoke far better during a burnout.

metzeler 880 is the next tire, it'll be here friday, the dunlop rear got about 8500 mi. stealer said i didn't keep the pressure up good enough, i'll pay more attention this time. thanks wildspirit for your input.

Back