Votes: 15 1.9%
  • Michelin

Votes: 61 7.7%
  • Maxxis

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 0.5%

• Total voters
Changed front and rear to Michelin Commander IIs 7,000 miles ago and these tires are by far the best I have used. Still have tread like they were new and grip like I am on rails.:D

I will try Michelin Commander II tires this season. Mine has over 14,000 miles and probably could ride 4,000 more miles. It is Dunlop D407 and D408 tires. The reason I will not get them cuz they are only sell at HD dealer. Too much $$$!!!:bigsmiley30:

Switched to Michelin Commander II's a few months back. If they get the mileage they claim will keep using them but they have already proved traction is right on par with Metz or Avon.

I've run Dunlops mostly on two Heritage Softails (91&00) for a total of 130K miles. Tried Avons once with no improvements or complaints. Been reading about folks raving on Michelin Commander II's. Going to try them next tire change.

Just went from an Avon Venom to a Metzler ME888 on the front of the Heritage. First thing I noticed is that the ME888 is noticeably wider/bigger than the Venom. After the first good ride I'm impressed. The original Dunlop was terrible about following cracks and such. The Venom was much better. The ME888 is even better. Steering is much more stable then even the Venom. Nothing but the largest expansion joints are even noticeable. So far I'm sold on the ME888.

Back