free website stats program Tire plug or not!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire plug or not!!

All depends on how much you value your life. It may last a year, Then again as soon as you hit 55 mph it may blow. That is why they call them Motorcycle tires and not Automobile tires.

The Harley shop found a nail in my tire after checking pressure and told me they do not plug tires because of liability issues. They said I could plug it myself or have someone do it for me. I decided to change tire for safety but was curious to know if any body is riding around on a tire with a plug in it.

NO! You only have ONE tire per axle on the bike. Different on a cage.

TQ

I carry a tire repair kit also, but as others have said. Its for emergencys only. Just to get where you can have the tire replaced. Remember tire plugs are no good for use on tires with tubes, seen this done also.

no way man! I would only use one in an emergency. I have hade them pull out of car tires. I would not want that on two wheels.

Evidently I used a word not allowed in my last post even though it was not intended to be bad and I received a warning. So for those whe were offended, I'm sorry. It was not a curse word and means the same as stinks.
But it's o.k. to put half naked women's picture on here. Last post from me! I've learned a lot from here. Thanks to those who gave input on the questions I posted. Everyone ride safely!!

agreeing with all that has been written, i found the same question asked in the service section of the nov '10 issue of cycle world magazine on page 68... great detailed info answer as to why it is a bad idea to use a plugged tire.

trying to find a car tire shop to plug or even plug/patch today's radial auto tires is becoming difficult. legal liability aside, the adhesive used to plug cannot adhere to today's radial plys like to the older bias ply tires. tom

Plugs are a thing of the past. I agree only a quick fix to get home. I drive a big rig and only use a plug as a last resort,but have a new tire as quick as possible

Back