free website stats program Tire life ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire life ?

Just turned 35,000 mi. on my 08 FXDL. Averaging about 15k on stock rear dunlops and about 20k on the stock front dunlops. Easy riding 1-up mostly.

Yep thats the problem with the DUNFLOPS - they never wear out and they have no grip :D

So I take it Dunlops have a harder rubber than others? Maybe not as good on leaning but great on mileage. I need to go look at what kind are on my bike, I don't even remember.

My Stepson rides a 1500cc Kawasaki Vulcan bagger. He is replacing his rear tire only 8 months after putting a new one on previously. He is running tubeless tires. If you look at the mileage instead of age, he is getting about 6,000 miles a tire(rear). He and his wife ride 2up and usually both saddle bags full and luggage on the back rack.

Is this normal tire wear ?

Not knowing the Size tire/tyre on the rear of the Kawa?

I noticed that when I changed out on my 2000 FXDS dyna FROM a 140 (stock size) to a 150 size, My mileage OUT of the back tire/tyre really improved..

HD later Changed-out to the 150 size rear on the dyna's later and Probably good or better mileage was noticed when this was OFFICIALLY done.

signed....BUBBIE

Not knowing the Size tire/tyre on the rear of the Kawa?

I noticed that when I changed out on my 2000 FXDS dyna FROM a 140 (stock size) to a 150 size, My mileage OUT of the back tire/tyre really improved..

HD later Changed-out to the 150 size rear on the dyna's later and Probably good or better mileage was noticed when this was OFFICIALLY done.

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks BUBBIE, I will forward this to my Stepson. He is out at Ft. Hood Texas in the Army. Wish you lived near Florida you could join us at Daytona Bike Week. It's looking like my wife and I are going to meet the guys at Cracker Barrel next Saturday.

Thanks BUBBIE, I will forward this to my Stepson. He is out at Ft. Hood Texas in the Army. Wish you lived near Florida you could join us at Daytona Bike Week. It's looking like my wife and I are going to meet the guys at Cracker Barrel next Saturday.
Hopefully when I sell Up Here in Wa. and go down Az. Full Time. Closer for Next Year... I would like to attend..

Are you meeting some of the HDT Crew? (you know the Goofy ones) Hahaha

If so Watch-out for Jack, HE WILL be taking pictures to PROVE he didn't leave Home with out it. (so I've been Told)

Have a BLAST and to all a Safe Ride.

signed....BUBBIE

Hopefully when I sell Up Here in Wa. and go down Az. Full Time. Closer for Next Year... I would like to attend..

If so Watch-out for Jack, HE WILL be taking pictures to PROVE he didn't leave Home with out it. (so I've been Told)

signed....BUBBIE

Yea we are meeting the HDT crew. I hope to meet all the goofy ones and thank them for the help I have recieved from them. I'm kinda goofy myself sometimes. And if Jack brings his camera I will just tilt my bald head towards the sun and he won't need a flash.

Yea we are meeting the HDT crew. I hope to meet all the goofy ones and thank them for the help I have recieved from them. I'm kinda goofy myself sometimes. And if Jack brings his camera I will just tilt my bald head towards the sun and he won't need a flash.

**************HAW HAW HAW******************

It looks like you'll fit in WELL..:newsmile065: (me too):shock

A fine Crew it is !!! and I would LOVE to be involved but next year for sure..

Thank you son for His Valued Service to OUR COUNTRY !! :hii

signed....BUBBIE

signed....BUBBIE

Cant wait to meet you and get your mug on film:newsmile100:

Cant wait to meet you and get your mug on film:newsmile100:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jack.........

Haven't you seen My Mug Yet,,??,,,,,

It's should be on the Post Office Bulletin Board? :newsmile048:

signed....BUBBIE

Back