free website stats program Tire life | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire life

I am somewhat puzzled, reading this thread, it seems that front tires usually last at least twice as long as rear tires.
The present front tire on my sporty had to be replaced after 7000miles while the rear still has plenty of life left.

I am somewhat puzzled, reading this thread, it seems that front tires usually last at least twice as long as rear tires.
The present front tire on my sporty had to be replaced after 7000miles while the rear still has plenty of life left.

Possibly an inflation caused problem? Generally the rears go first at the ratio of two rears to one front. Riding habits will make a difference also.

Out of curiosity, how many miles are to be expected from a stock Dunlop rear tire?

The initial tire on my 08 RK, with 9000 miles, is beyond the wear bars, almost no tread left. I figured I'd be getting a bit more since I'm in straight and flat South Florida and don't ride particularly hard.

I be interested to see how the new Dunlops on the '09 make out. I have 7K on my '09 Streetglide and I am not anywhere close to needing a replacement.

Bernhard

I like the ME880's a bit more than the Dunlops, seem to be able to hold acceleration a little bit better on a lean, and do much better in the rain.

That being said, I only get about 5-6k out of a back tire. Of course my EGS likes to bring the front end up in the first couple gears, so that may have something to do with it.

Whreally? Got to keep that right wrist in good shape, in line with your kids playing with their WII video gaming wrists and thumbs...! :newsmile100:

Back