free website stats program Tire date of birth | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire date of birth

walleye

Contributor
I know I read here somewhere how to tell the date of manufacture of a tire. I can't find the post. Any know? Thanks.

I know I read here somewhere how to tell the date of manufacture of a tire. I can't find the post. Any know? Thanks.

Yes. On the sidewall of the tire just above the bead, you will find an oval shaped molded area that has a 4 digit number in it. That is the manufacture date of THAT tire in week, year. So 2709 is the 27th week of 2009.

There ya go!!

TQ

Thanks Guys. 2808 and 2908 front and rear on my 09. I do have the 407F on the front. (09 Ultra) Only around 5K no signs of cupping. Getting ready for a 2-3K ride. Any safety issues?

Thanks Guys. 2808 and 2908 front and rear on my 09. I do have the 407F on the front. (09 Ultra) Only around 5K no signs of cupping. Getting ready for a 2-3K ride. Any safety issues?

Check pressure and adjust if riding two up. If you have air shocks, adjust them too. Load the bike with heaviest stuff as low as possible. Light stuff at the top.

TQ

Check pressure and adjust if riding two up. If you have air shocks, adjust them too. Load the bike with heaviest stuff as low as possible. Light stuff at the top.

TQ

TQ:
Thanks for those helpful hints, which I will follow. Any safety issues concerning a 407F front tire? 5K and no signs of unusual wear. Is it safe to go with? Have not got a clear answer concerning these tires. Whats your opinion?

I have the same tire on my 09 FLHX...just got back from a ride out west...no problems at all. I must tell you that I did call customer service as i recently was in the shop and the service manager said it was cupping but at 10,000 miles so the moco issued me a ref# and I will take her in to see if it is worthy of replacement with the 408F. I guess it was the service mgr who brought it to my attention and others have had similiar issues so I figured hey for 20,000 bucks why not see if I qualify for a new one. Doesnt hurt to check. Have a great ride ...maybe roll through the dealership and have it checked out before you leave...cant hurt.:s

Back