free website stats program Tire damage | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire damage

You are probably good. I think they quit making them in Brazil, because of quality problems.

Watch your pressure. I really cut myself short on a set, by not.

I really like the tires, life span was not all that great. I think I got about 8K out rear on the set I treated right.

Well I just checked my two tires. The Rear tire was made in Germany and Front is from Brazil.

I do watch my pressures. The book pressure is high (in 40's cold). I don't expect great thread life because they do grip. We shall see.

Perfect! This way if you have a blow out 1 country can blame the other for bad workmanship. !:D

As germany has a very good reputation for good quality produce i would think it should be ok
but as the front will last a lot longer then you may have twice as long to worry about the front
ok ive decided now im staying with dunlop and ill get the new tyres orderd in the next couple of days
having just replaced the tyres on the dyna with dunlops im not looking forward to doing the softail

Brian

Aye ok i could have expanded a wee bit but its late at night and i just got back from bus washing

Brian

I would have thought you would have had some noise from that.

Great, I just switched to Metzlers :(

Will keep an extra eye on the tires. I`m happy you found this before getting back on the bike, but I would imagine feeling this when on the road..

Glad nothing happened.

No noise and no feeling of bumpiness.
Of course, it would be somewhat hard to hear the noise over the bike. :D

As I said...I am just glad I caught it and it has given me a new sense of committment to check my bike thoroughly.

Back