free website stats program Tire damage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire damage

As the question was asked i think you knew what the answer was so ill go along with your opinion and say time to change the tyre is now

Brian

Though the piece of metal did not penetrate the inner air retaining casing, the outer protective layer is compromised. Think about the risk with a laden bike with precious cargo aboard.

Do you really think you want to worry about that extra thousand miles, if you lose the enjoyment of your vacation/trip?

Just be thankful it held together long enough for you to get home and THEN to the repair shop for a replacement. As Viper said in the movie "Top Gun" ..." --never push a bad position..."!

Since you are only on two wheels, you need to be confident that they BOTH will carry you safely to your next destination. I'd replace it. Wouldn't want the worries anyway!

Thank you all for your opinions. As I suspected it wasn't likely that there would be any reassurance that the tire would hold up. I replaced it about a week ago.

Thank you all for your opinions. As I suspected it wasn't likely that there would be any reassurance that the tire would hold up. I replaced it about a week ago.
You'll never regret it, and I bet that bike rides smother then it ever did before.
Rde safe

Back