free website stats program tire balance | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

tire balance

Hey Kemo, How are your "beads" working out?
I just put a new rear lop on this past Saturday and decided to give the Dyna Beads a try. Easy to put in, and pretty cheap as well. Too soon to tell if they are doing the job or not. Only a couple hundred miles so far.
You should have a pretty good report on them by now though.
What do you have to say??

I have no complaints and will use them again. That rear tire is ready for a replacement so when I change it I will save the beads and reuse them.

I have about 10000 miles on these Metzler me880's. I am kind of disappointed in the Metzlers on the whole. The front tire has cracking on the sidewall and like I stated before the mieage ain't no hell. Next tires will be Dunlop Elite 3's

Thanks Kemo. And thanks for your opinion on the Metzlers. I'll pass that along. Have a friend who is toying with the thoughts of going to Metz on his Ultra. He'll be interested in what you found.

Well, I've got almost 10 years on ya Smitty, and I agree that this sure isn't the 1st time I've seen these beads around. They have used them ..or anti freeze, or a combination in big trucks for years. Some swear by them. Some swear at them.
What is different now is the use of ceramics.
So, I'm going to try them and see. For the 5 bucks they cost, what have I got to lose?
I waste more than that a day on coffee!

I have treid them all and for all a round street riding on a HD There is no finer tier than the correct DUNLOP tire for your bike.
Some of the other tires are good for track but over all street nope.
IMO and I have had a few miles on them.

But even a correct DUNLOP has to be balanced!

No substitute for dynamic balance with the good old fashioned stationary weights for the best balancing IMO. Beads are for necklaces and I've been around longer than you all :D

Awwww, where's your sense of adventure? :D Youse guys want to take the fun outta everything! :s

Back