free website stats program Tire advice needed | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire advice needed

2001FLHT

2001 FLHT

Will a D402 MU85B fit the rear? I was told that I might need to move the belt guard over some? The stock tire is a D402 MT90B.
Any help greatly appreciated.

It should, as the aspect ratio change splits the size change width difference. How much clearance do you have where your belt guard is? Dunlop publishes the actual max. tire dimensions in their brochure last time I was looking for tires...

2001 FLHT

Will a D402 MU85B fit the rear? I was told that I might need to move the belt guard over some? The stock tire is a D402 MT90B.
Any help greatly appreciated.

I ran the Dunlop D402 MU85B16 on the rear of my '03 UC. Now I am running the AVON AM42 140/90B16 which are the replacement for the MUs. No mods required.

TQ

I put the mu85 on my o3 uc had to take them off, the belt guard scuffed the whitewall pretty bad. They will fit if you take the belt guard off, and why would you.

I put the mu85 on my o3 uc had to take them off, the belt guard scuffed the whitewall pretty bad. They will fit if you take the belt guard off, and why would you.

Troupadoor may be right here. In my post above, I said no mods, but I forgot that I had removed the belt guard when I first got the bike. I don't like them. So that would be a mod.

TQ

Back