free website stats program Tips on break-in.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Tips on break-in....

lakeforktx

Picking up the new 2012 Ultra today around noon.. any tips on break-in..., never owned a new bike...only new to me... thanks... :D

Congrats!! It doesn't get much better than riding a new bike. Especially an Ultra!
Be safe and many, many joyful rides to ya! :)

I've been fortunate enough to buy many new vehicles over the years and one thing I always do, break it in according to the manufacturere recommendations. On my bikes and cars I go to full synthetic oil after about 5000 miles. Works for me.

Picking up the new 2012 Ultra today around noon.. any tips on break-in..., never owned a new bike...only new to me... thanks... :D

Congratulations on the new bike, I would have one Question, What oil did they ship the bike with?

Thanks guys did a little bit of everything ya'll said and what the owners man. said ..got 74 miles on her now..realy liking it so far....Iam thinking they said the syn 3 was in it. Jack...Prolly go to Amsoil at 1000 miles..due to fact I have 2 gallons in the shop I had for my 04..hd + for the primary, and don't know about the tranny yet.....thanks everybody...

Thanks...Iam an Idiot when it comes to posting picks and such.. I have to text the piucs to someone and let them put them up...I know thats crazy but i can't work these puters very well at all...:newsmile026:

Did you run the 30/60/30 X10 in 3rd new motor break-in? If not - never to late...gotta seat those rings tight!!!

Did you run the 30/60/30 X10 in 3rd new motor break-in? If not - never to late...gotta seat those rings tight!!!

That was the first thing I did , then varyed the speed. then stopped and let it cool down for about 30 min. and just looked at it ..then done it about 5 more times.. then as I was riding I would let off and let it comp. brake then ease it back up then do it sevaral more times ... the OL was in the car behind me and she thought i was crazy...:D

Back