free website stats program Timothy R | Harley Davidson Forums

Timothy R

Timothy

I have as you know a 1994 sporster Xl1200. I have crankcase fluid leaking off the right side of the bike just under the brake peg. Really milky. Not sure where it is coming from. so far I have changed the primary cover and replaced all gaskets, two times now. leak stops for a week or two and returns. I have done my best to try to trace the problem with no luck. also when I open the fill cap to put more in to replace lost I find that the fluid inside the primary cover is also milky. Have been fighting this problem sence spring and just want to fix it and get back to riding. What can it be and what can I do before having to take it to a " VARY" high doller shop. Any advice or help would be thankfull. I have not started it in almost two weeks. stopped riding it as soon as the leak came back. Thank you Tim

The "milky" look is probably water in the oil. As far as where the leak is, you have to clean it off and run it again to see just where it is coming from, from there you can effect a fix based on what's leaking. Maybe using a dye in the oil will help.

Back