free website stats program timing cover | Harley Davidson Forums

timing cover

Does anyone know if allen screws will work to hold on the new screaming eagle timing cover for my 03 1200 sportster? I have heard that some models it would work and other models will not. Don't know how to find out for my bike. Thanks

I think the timing cover is rivited on the 1200, there might also be threads. I imagine if the rivit holes aren't threaded no biggy to run a tap through.
kemo

I am asking because they factory timing cover is riveted on, and like I said have been told by some people that there is threds behind and others there are not trying to find out before I drill the rivets out that hold the factory one on. Thanks again for any and all help

Interesting, Kemo and Smith are saying that some timing covers were rivited? Was it for special models or just a model year or two?

Interesting, Kemo and Smith are saying that some timing covers were rivited? Was it for special models or just a model year or two?

rivited on my softail when i got it but now on with self tapping screws both the sportster and the dyna had been fiddled with before i got them and had fancy timing covers on them but i think both had been rivited
94 sportster was rivited and i didnt get round to changing it or pulling too much of that engine to bits so was still rivited when it moved on

Brian

Back