free website stats program Time to watch for leaves on road. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Time to watch for leaves on road.

Getting down to near freezing at night here if the sky is clear had the first of the Autumn storms so leaves everywhere
take care wherever you are

Brian

Depending on where you are, the leaves are starting to fall already. Pulled up to a stop sign and put my foot down, only to have my boot start to slide sideways. Looked down and there were leaves on the road that I had not noticed because I was watching the traffic. Quickly found new footing but for a short guy like me a slipping foot is a problem for holding up a big bike. Bottom line, time of year to start watching for leaves, under foot or under tires. Ride safe everyone.
Thanks -- and the exact same thing happened to me in my front yard - leaves, foot down, boot slid out - bike fell over - end of story. No damage, just very slick when I placed my foot holding the biike up on LEAVES!!!!

Thanks for the reminder
Bill

I'm with ya lowrider 1963, other side of Cleveland, Geneva Thundr on the strip this weekend good times but winter is approaching fast

Keep the Dirty side down ride safe

Leog:D

You kidding me? We can't wait for winter to start down here in south florida, been too hot. Soon it will be primo riding weather!

Merlynn; is this an open invite for all HDTimeline members to visit you in FL???:s

I'll get my scoot filled & packed - see you in Oct!!:D

Merlynn; is this an open invite for all HDTimeline members to visit you in FL???:s

I'll get my scoot filled & packed - see you in Oct!!:D

Hes just kidding, We ride every day here in Florida and you all are Welcome:s

Ill pack mine in a box and send it across the pond and join it there

Brian

If I don't stay on top of my own driveway it can be a nightmare for footing. Between the leaves, acorns & pine needles it can get pretty hairy sometimes when it come to good footing so i know exactly what you are talking about.

Back