free website stats program Time to pay the tax | Harley Davidson Forums

Time to pay the tax

Which way would you go, or advise someone else to?

• Power Commander & Dyno

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • V&H Fuel Pack save the Dyno

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • HD Down load call it good enough

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Leave it stock

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xlcruser

I've got an 09 1200C in the shop begging for some mods. I've decided to go with Rush SOs, SE Air and a fuel management system. That's where I get confused. I've read the post on the Power Comander, V&H Fuel Pak and even talked to the Dealer about the HD download. I've read and been told everything from it's all good to it all sucks. I like the no dyno tune to the V&H fuel pak and the price. I like the thought of it on the dyno to be fine tuned, but the cost involved, man alive. From what I understand, please correct me if I'm wrong but the HD Download still leaves it running lean, that's how it stays 50 state legal. That sounds like a waste of money. So I'm going to put it out there in a poll. What say you? What are you using? What have you had the best experience with and how? Even what you have read about in terms of dependability, performance gains, cost. Any regrets? Thanks for your help.

You didn't include it in your poll so I didn't vote yet. Many, many members here have used and are totally satisfied with the TFI from Dobeck for their fuel management system. Inexpensive, simple, and efficient!

Just my opinion but unless you're a serious street racer the dyno is a waste of money.

By the way, your assessment of the HD download is 100% correct.

You didn't include it in your poll so I didn't vote yet. Many, many members here have used and are totally satisfied with the TFI from Dobeck for their fuel management system. Inexpensive, simple, and efficient!

Just my opinion but unless you're a serious street racer the dyno is a waste of money.

By the way, your assessment of the HD download is 100% correct.

Total agreement here!:)

I "triple dog dare" w/the Dobeck TFI - got mine w/the military discount for $150 + shipping. Can't beat the deal & they're so east to tune - a caveman can do it.

The big question is..Do you intend to do no further upgrades to the engine?If you dont a TFI will be just fine and wont require a Dyno.If you think cams or other mods may be in your future it would be a waste of money.

I have a PC3 in my FLHX with a stage 1 and pipes and am very happy with the setup even without having Dynoed it.I know at some point I'll get bored with it and have the cams done then I'll Dyno it.

I am going to add my agreement with the TFI unit. Put one on my '99 Ultra and can't say enough about the unit or the company that makes it.

Never tried the TFI, but luckily my bike had a fuel pak on it when I bought it. It didn't run correctly so I called FuelPak and they gave me the correct settings for my build. Now it runs like a supercharged machine. The plugs look great and the bike purrs. I would go with FuelPak again if I had to buy a new bike.

I want to thank everybody for their input. Have you all found it necessary with the PCV to put your bike on the dyno or are the provided maps good enough? I'm a pretty mellow rider so I'm not real sure I need the expense of fine tuning. I just want it to run better and sound better. That's one reason I like the fuel pak, no dyno well and the cost of the unit. I talked to the TFI folks and the price of there unit with the military discount is even better. (my son is in the military) Even with out that discount it's good. I just havent heard that much about it, but that's why I did this poll. I'm getting some good options.

I want to thank everybody for their input. Have you all found it necessary with the PCV to put your bike on the dyno or are the provided maps good enough? I'm a pretty mellow rider so I'm not real sure I need the expense of fine tuning. I just want it to run better and sound better. That's one reason I like the fuel pak, no dyno well and the cost of the unit. I talked to the TFI folks and the price of there unit with the military discount is even better. (my son is in the military) Even with out that discount it's good. I just havent heard that much about it, but that's why I did this poll. I'm getting some good options.

Certainly not trying to be mean but you didn't spend much time researching this topic on this forum obviously! Dozens upon dozens of forum members are thrilled with the cost, simplicity, and performance of the TFI. If, as you say, you're a mellow rider then there is no need to spend money on a dyno run. Actually, it could be debated whether or not you even need any kind of fuel tuner if you're truly a mellow rider. Alas, this has been debated at length here so I won't go into it - do some homework and research on your own and see what you think.

Certainly not trying to be mean but you didn't spend much time researching this topic on this forum obviously! Dozens upon dozens of forum members are thrilled with the cost, simplicity, and performance of the TFI. If, as you say, you're a mellow rider then there is no need to spend money on a dyno run. Actually, it could be debated whether or not you even need any kind of fuel tuner if you're truly a mellow rider. Alas, this has been debated at length here so I won't go into it - do some homework and research on your own and see what you think.

No I don't think your being mean as you put it, just speaking your mind. I guess I owe you and apology for not knowing about the TFI from Dobeck, and I have done a bit of research into the various systems available. But in as much a a forum is a place for public discussion I thought I'd ask what you all thought. Products change as do opinions on products. I didn't realize it hurt to ask. I personally would like more input than dozens and dozens before making an informed decision.

Back