free website stats program time out trailer | Harley Davidson Forums

time out trailer

tubguy

Hello to all members!!
I've just purchased a time out trailer and have never packed one for camping. My question is what to put in it? I'm new to the camping thing and would appreciate any and all suggestion. At first they'll be just weekend trips

Thanks in advance
DARIN
WAP.gif

If you are going camping the trailer will fill up with camping gear
Tent tents are often given a size of how many people can fit in to sleep so you also need space for all the other stuff when we go camping a 4 man tent for 2 of us just to get everything in
sleeping bags or other bedding
Beds sleeping on the ground is ok when young not so good as you mature
Cooker pots and pans utensils fuel for cooker

Best to try camping with bike and trailer for a few weekend trips till you develop your own style and you learn from experience what you need

After 25 years as an infantry soldier I could live comfortably in the field with the minimum of stuff the wife on the other hand cant

Brian

...I could live comfortably in the field with the minimum of stuff the wife on the other hand cant

Brian

That's my problem too. Forgo the tent and use a hammock and you will save space. One 'trick' is to go to your local hiking store and chat up the folks who backpack and see how they pack for carrying everything on their person. After you have packed the essentials, then start adding in the creature comforts until you have no space left in the trailer or have nothing left to pack.

+1 on the hammock camping. My full hammock setup with rain cover, top and bottom insulation, pillow fits in a back pack.

Thanks for the tips I was more looking for info on how much stuff I can get in the trailer. As for camping gear and what should be taken. As for a hammock, doubt the wife would approve.
WAP.gif

I am sure that if you cant fill the trailer your wife will find something to fill the space my wife always needs 3 or 4 pairs of shoes as well as the boots on her feet I have the boots on my feet
My bike gets loaded with the camping stuff her bike is loaded with personal stuff

Brian

Back