free website stats program time for lady to move up | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

time for lady to move up

I am 5'7" and am quite comfortable on my deuce and my husband's egc. My arms are long enough that most women's long sleeve shirts don't fit right. :s I really haven't had any problems with fit. I was pretty cautious with the bike, getting more comfortable, but nowhere near as comfortable as my husband judging from his lean angles. :D

It's not the size of the bike that counts but how much you can get into that lean, what can I say its a guy thing.:newsmile011:

I think what concerns me most with her riding is her loosing it in a stanind corner you know like if she goes to start off and stalls on a lean and it starts going over. The way I taught her was to never put only one foot down at stops and when starting keep both feet down until she's rolling, in the course she went to the guy taught her to always start with one foot up on the shifter although I could never figure out why if your already in first from the stop

Riding basics and unfortunately some bad habits can be picked up and hard to dismiss. Typically your foot should be covering the footbrake when you stop and your right foot pressing the pedal and when stopped the left foot holds the bike up...such is the way of a supposed routine stop regarding the feet. Don't know what the right foot being down on the ground or "duck landings" with both feet down and bike still moving...NOT a good thing. What, forward controls an excuse for improper stops? Don't think so...!

If you watch cops at a stop, they almost always have their left foot down and their right up. Never really noticed if the right foot was pressing the brake pedal but I'll bet it is. This technique is absolutely necessary to master for starting from a stop on a steep hill - your hands will be busy with clutch and throttle and your right foot is the only thing keeping you from rolling back until you get going. Other times I don't see what the big deal is if you want to put both feet down and hold your position with the front brake or even no brakes if you're on level pavement.

It's not the size of the bike that counts but how much you can get into that lean, what can I say its a guy thing.:newsmile011:
LOL, that's why I will just drop way back when we get close to home.....I can't watch him in the turns, too distracting to me. :D Now that he knows what I am doing, he really has fun. The first few times down this road, he would get concerned, but I just tell him I'll see him at home. It's less than 2 miles to the house. :s

My wife thought the Sporty being smaller and lighter would be easier to ride. Couldn't convince her otherwise. Within a month she traded for the low rider (09 FXDL). She prefers the mids and hiway pegs. Gives her more options for foot placement

Back