free website stats program Time for a new Tourer | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Time for a new Tourer

Thanks guys for correcting my error. When I looked (drooled) at the new RG the dealer had a standard RG, without the tour pac and all the chrome, and the ultra. They also had the CVO with the 110. There was quite a difference in price from the standard to the ultra.

Yeah, I remember you at the the St. Augustine store. :lolrolling

I have told the story before, don't know if you might have seen it. My son took my 08 RK for a ride in the Oklahoma 35 mph + gusty cross wind, then took an RGU for a ride in the same wind, he bought the RGU that week. He loves his and he gets high 40s for mpg, sometimes breaks 50 mpg. The 103 and the fixed fairing seem to be a good combination. Personally, I don't like the looks of the fixed fairing, BUT it is a great riding machine. He has commuted on it on all the dry days so far this Oklahoma winter, is well protected from the wind and cold by the fairing and the lowers. He wouldn't even consider a bat wing style fairing, and for him, my RK with just a windshield is unacceptable. Some day, I may convert to his way of thinking.

Yeah, I remember you at the the St. Augustine store. :lolrolling

That day my wife had just got over a pretty bad cold so we were in the car. Don't know what would have happened if we had been on the bike and the dealer made a good deal!!! :cheers

That day my wife had just got over a pretty bad cold so we were in the car. Don't know what would have happened if we had been on the bike and the dealer made a good deal!!! :cheers

Good thing you had the car HDDon. I'm sure you are aware of Redfish-Joe and buddies just going to the Harley dealer to see what they have......:s

I am not by nature not an impulse buyer, but something happens when I see the new RG offerings. I have spoken to the service dept. at G'ville HD about how if they had not made my current RG so much fun to ride that I would have traded for one of the newer models. The new frame and motor have really made me stop and do the double and triple take. Don't want to steal this thread, but I'm really sold on all things Road Glide!!!

Looks like I'm gonna have to take off for a few days and go bike shopping with you Don!!:bigsmiley24:

Joe you met my wife and I think you know the story of how she got mad at me and made me go to the HD store and get a new bike. You know how to get here, now are you man enough to make her mad????:lolrolling:lolrolling

Joe you met my wife and I think you know the story of how she got mad at me and made me go to the HD store and get a new bike. You know how to get here, now are you man enough to make her mad????:lolrolling:lolrolling

OOOOHH I would ride over to see that one:cheers

If I do make her mad do you think she will still make those home made cinnamon rolls?? No wait, we'll have breakfast THEN make her mad.:lolrolling

I'm not sure what she meant but she just said one doesn't have anything to do with the other. So bring it!!!

Back