free website stats program Tie Down points | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tie Down points

IF you have to put your ultra classic on a trailer :( what would be the best tie down points ?

Not a good idea to use the handlebars. I bought Teardrop Tie-Down Brackets on the forks. PN 928 from KURYAKYN. They look good on the bike and are definitly the way to go on the front of your Ultra.

On the rear I tie to the rear crash bars using straps.

My trailer is a single Kendon, so it has a self locking wheel chock which hold the bike while I tie it down.

Buddybr
:USA

thanks buddybr that is what i was looking for in this post, someone who could be of help. i really like the tear drop and will order a pair tks again

I use rachet straps & I run them over the lower fork bracket & I just put the hook back to same place that the rachet end is hooked too (both hooks are in the same place ) you can also hook into the eye of the 1st hook , you are just making a big loop in the strap , doing it this way eliminates the need for soft straps & the straps stay below the fairing . I haul my bike from Michigan to Nevada every year & never had a problem .

I use a bike pro self locking chock and four ratchet straps with the tie down loops built on the heavy duty ratchet straps with sheeps skin over them. Buy good quality ratchet straps made for a bike or the road gremlins will get your bike.

Back