free website stats program Tie Down points | Harley Davidson Forums

Tie Down points

i guess i did not make myself clear. where on the bike do you put the hooks or whatever. the dealer said they come from the moco with straps on the eng guard and bag guard. i dont think that would be the best place ?

I have seen Ultra's tied down the way the dealer told you. I prefer to use some double eyed straps and go around the handle bars down to the floor of the trailer. Also if your hauling long distance put some blocks with carpet on top of the blocks under your frame under the engine so you won't cause your front forks to start leaking from being compressed to much. You can tie off to the saddle bag guards or the passenger floor boards and tie down the rear end.

Hope this helps
Hoghunter

i guess i did not make myself clear. where on the bike do you put the hooks or whatever. the dealer said they come from the moco with straps on the eng guard and bag guard. i dont think that would be the best place ?

I don't trailer either of my bikes often but when I do, I do not attach the tie down hooks directly to the bike. I use nylon loops from the handle bar; don't like the idea attaching from the crash bar as the loop can move. Also have some modified ratcheting tie downs that have been shortened and the nylon loop is attached to the bag support bar (under the bag) to secure the rear end. Good ratchet type tie downs should work loos but still a good idea to stop and check after the first 10-20 miles after the bike has had a chance to move around and settle in. Check when you stop for gas.

I use the Bike-pro wheel chock with the quick tie down,which only tie the front tire down allowing the suspension to move,then I put two soft straps on the rear bag mounts to keep the rear from moving.Simple doesn't mark anything and I never have to check them.

Back