free website stats program Tie down a FLSTN??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Tie down a FLSTN???

clnpl

Can any one help me I need to tie down my 2009 FLSTN for transport for some service work. I am not sure how to do this
Thanks....

Welcome clnpl, I use soft ties around the forks with racket straps and collapse the front forks using the rachets on the straps, meaning pull the front end down with the straps so when you hit a bump the front end does not bounce so the straps don't come undone.
Do not hook the strapes to the handlebars. Do you have a front wheel chulk on your trailer? If not make sure your front straps are angled foward and rear straps are angled backwards. The whole thing is pretty much common sense but a few tips can help, you don't want to learn anything the hard way when your scoots involved. Did any of this make any sense?

I transported my heritage twice before hearing that it wasn't good to tie to the bars and didn't get the reason why, is it a bending issue or hard on the mounts?

Looks like the guys have it covered. The only thing I would add is after a few miles, stop and check the tie downs for tension etc.

Back