free website stats program Thundermax | Harley Davidson Forums

Thundermax

rking

Has anyone put a Thundermax tuner on a 2010 Streetglide? If so, what kind of pipes did you go with?

Friend of mine is right now having a thundermax installed and he is using Rineharts true duals and a big sucker from Ness, I should tell you it is a 2011 RK not a 10 cyclesolutions is doing the work

Thundermaxx is good stuff.

What kinda performance mods are ya gunna do in the future? That will determine the pipe.

I run a D&D Fatcat on my bagger and love it.

The Zippers T/max with autotune is a good unit that will allow you to use just about configuratin you want, Over the years it seems like they do have a relationship with D&D as per both websites , I have run the Rineharts TDs /with the T/MAX with and with out autotune in the past with no issues and base maps are plentyful ,if you go to the zippers website and take a look at there maps for your year bike and see what they have as far as basemaps, but with the autotune it doesnt really matter what setup you go with as far as air intake and exhaust, the autotune will eventuly tune it in , Basicly wih a base map it will tune in faster , the only down side to the zippers t/max for some people is that you loose the knock sensors,but it does give you the avalibilty to adjust your own timing ,witch I personly like.

Im using one on my 2008 RKC what ever pipe you will choose you will get the most out of it

Thanks for all the info. I have V&H Big Radius, H-D Heavy Breather, H-D Race Tuner on my bike now, but talking to a T/Max rep at the Lones Star Rally he said I will feel the difference just by adding the T/Max. Again, thanks for all the info.

You put some real pipes on that thing and you'll feel a even better difference in performance.

Have ya gave a 2n1 or putten the stock pipes back on? Ya got baffles in them pipes?

If I had an 04 or up H-D and was considering the ThunderMax, I would look long and hard at the Revolution Performance Precision EMS. It is just plug and play. No further tuning necessary.

Taken from the Revolution Performance website.

Revolution Performance Precisionâ„¢ EMS

Revolution Performance has created another revolutionary product for Harley-Davidson® Twin Cam® motorcycles—the Precision™ Engine Management System. It isn’t just another controller claiming to be self-tuning, or one that is cumbersome to install. This new EMS is a true self-optimizing system—adjusting almost instantly with little further adjustment. No resetting, no laptop, no dyno, just set it up once and ride! Other benefits include:

* Very easy to install
* Improved throttle response
* Improved fuel economy
* ’08-up TBW fully supported
* Takes full advantage of the factory ECU
* Maintains all OEM safeguards and features
* Self adjusts when you upgrade other parts on the engine

This looks to me like something good. :s

Randall

Back