free website stats program ThunderMax EFI Wideband, Anyone using it? | Harley Davidson Forums

ThunderMax EFI Wideband, Anyone using it?

NYHarley

I am tossing around the idea of getting the ThunderMax EFI Wideband Tuner. Anyone on the forum using it, and if so what do you think about it. I figure ThunderMax might be a good idea, considering the closest EFI dyno is 90 miles away, not to mention my PCIII going bad and running the bike way to lean! Have a V&H FuelPak for now, if it stops raining I can try it.

The Dobeck TFI is inexpensive (you get a forum/military discount), easy to install and adjust, and doesn't require any dyno time. Hundreds of this forums members use it and love it!

Have run T-Max with auto tune on my '02 FLHTCUI with 95" and on my '07 Ultra with 110". Customer service for me has been excellent whenever I've had a question I've had no problem talking with a real person and getting answers. Love it.
Many others available but I have no knowledge so do your research.

I guess the reason why I like the ThunderMax is that it is a wideband O2 unit. Something about the unit sniffing out the A/F mix and adjusting makes me feel more at ease. After the PCIII broke down, it opened my eyes a bit to what I am plugging in. I know the TFI is the most popular among the forum members, and I should have probably grabbed that instead of my "stand-in" FuelPak. If it could just be Summer here in NY I could actually use the bike a bit.....

I guess the reason why I like the ThunderMax is that it is a wideband O2 unit. Something about the unit sniffing out the A/F mix and adjusting makes me feel more at ease. After the PCIII broke down, it opened my eyes a bit to what I am plugging in. I know the TFI is the most popular among the forum members, and I should have probably grabbed that instead of my "stand-in" FuelPak. If it could just be Summer here in NY I could actually use the bike a bit.....
Others who read here will be happy to hear this;

The Gen4 by Dobecks (TFI people), a new product coming out on the Market Soon?..

I will be doing a Testing soon as Mark Dobeck (owner of Dobecks Performance) sends this new unit to me ..

I'm looking forward to install and test this unit MY Self...

This unit Does diagnose the Exhaust gasses to keep the gas flow in line, as I understand.

You are able to Program this unit yourself and will eliminate the cost of Dyno Tuning..

Also simple setting changes will improve long travel gas mileage when needed..

I hope to report soon My findings On This New Product... The Gen4 by Dobecks.

I WILL give OUR HDT Members the Facts as I see them on the self-install and the settings Plus the Performance I expect from the Gen4

signed....BUBBIE

I have T-Max on my 06, no problems last 2 years, I up graded to 95 cu in and just downloaded another map for it. Easy once I figured it out.

Back