free website stats program thunderMax ? dose anyone not like it ? | Harley Davidson Forums

thunderMax ? dose anyone not like it ?

haman66

trying to decide thundermax or se race tuner had the sc in my 07 it worked fine but being in az going from the valley up north the tune dose have enough adj where the thunder will adj where ever you are lets hear from people have own one thanks John

I love my Thundermax. It's a little pricey. But you get what you pay for. I have the SE tune on my 06 Night Train and it works well but the Thundermax on my 11 Road Glide 103 is outstanding! It's how all Harleys should run. I started with the V&H Fuelpack but it's like a night and day with the TMax. I highly recommend it...if you don't mind spending close to a $1000.

They're great but there's a learning curve to get past. Some load a map & ride; or you can devote some time for an awesome tune. I printed the manual, read it & referenced it often. What I don't like is the timing maps/curves. If you really want to get her close it requires some attention. Also, you will lose the detonation feature from the stock ECM & as stated above; they aint cheap.

you can get them for 720. and the s.e is 350 i have a dyno tune thats paid for already so to srend the ext 400 now is worth it if it works like they say again coming from the valley heading up north the 07 ran terrible up north and great down in the valley

Last edited by a moderator:
Had one on my '06 when I bought it used. As noted by others there is a learning curve to get past if you are going to fine tune it. I was tuned for south central OK, and I took a road trip last June through NM, AZ, UT, and CO. The bike ran great no matter where I was at. I recentley traded her in on a '10 and I am planning on putting a Tmax on this one as well.

I have one on my 2010 Ultra, and as others have stated, there is a learning curve. Customer support is very good, and there are a lot of videos on youtube showing how to adjust the maps. Good product with good support!

Back