free website stats program ThunderHeader??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

ThunderHeader???

Ok really appreciate your help glen073. It's pretty obvious nothing will replace the sound and performance of a full ThunderHeader system. This is of great help, thanks again.

Hey I am glen073 buddy with the 2010 flhx. I put the thunderheader slip on on. Was disappointed. Not very loud. Sounds like a SE touring muffler, not a bad sound, just pretty quiet. Going to find out about the warranty issue if any associated with a full syst. Thinking of the V and H pro pipe 2 into 1 syst.

I had the pro pipe on my 2003 Electra Glide and went back to ThunderHeader for performance and sound (for me). I know pro pipe is less expensive. I'm surprised your slip-on Thunderheader wasn't much different from the Harley night stick however??

Any chance you could post a video/sound bite of that Thunderheader running on your bike?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it all boil down to its name. It's called a ThunderHEADER. Not a Thunderslipon. The whole thing about the true thunder header is in its name. It includes a whole new header. Therefore, a slip on is never going to be the real thing.

I'd love to hear and see the slip-on though glen073, any chance for a pic/soundbite?

You are right it's about the header, the full system no doubt.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It's my buddies and I have not heard it. He ordered his V&H Pro Pipe today after talking with the dealer and finding out it won't effect his warranty. I'll see if he can post a sound of it, unless he took it off already.

I ordered the V&H ProPipe Chrome today and cancelled the slip-on ThunderHeader. I feel better now :eek:)

I believe the Pro Pipe sounds pretty good. I'm sure you would have been disappointed with that Thunderheader slip on like my buddy.

Re: I'm amazed by this check it out

It sounds alright, I thought it would be louder. Could be because of the cats in the headpipe. Whatever you do, I think you will have to do something about the headpipe. I would not butcher the stock pipe. If you decide to take the baffle out, check out Big City Thunder. They have header baffles that will give you the proper back pressure and deliver the sound that you want. Good luck.:s

Back