free website stats program ThunderHeader??? | Harley Davidson Forums

ThunderHeader???

MrFah

Nobody out there has a ThunderHeader slip-on on their 2010 2 into 1 touring bike with OEM stock header/cat converter??????? I have one on order but would love to hear your experience with it.

A friend of mine just bought one for his 2010 FLHX. The bike developed a leaky shock, so I don't think he's put it on yet, but I will check. I think he was waiting on the warranty work to be completed on the shock first. I was wondering the samething about the sound of it. I'm still desciding on what to put on my 2010 FLHTCK.

Thank you for responding! I should receive mine by Wednesday but we'll see anyway I'll definitely post my results. I'm nervous about the stock header.

I just talked to my friend and got the results of his Thunderheader slipon. His exact words was that he was very disappointed. He has a very close relationship with his local HD dealer and they allowed him to return it right away. He said he ordered a full V&H Pro Pipe system.

Sorry to give you that news. Maybe you will hear something different out of it.:(

Well not the best news so far but I'll have to think about my options. No question that the full ThunderHeader system worked great for my 2000 Road King and 2003 Electra Glide it's just this stock header that's concerning me.
I don't know when TH came out with this slip-on exactly but I feel it's new to the market another obvious concern but I'll wait and weigh my options.

Hobbit you've seen it? Heard it? What's your observation? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I'm sure not everyone likes their look. I can live with that if this is what he's referring to but if they're not performing correctly then I've got a problem. Thanks for your input, appreciate it.

Did he say why? Any specific reason what he didn't like about the pipe?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's got to be that cat/stock header that's got to be the problem but I have to wait until Wednesday earliest, my Harley dealer's closed Mondays and Tuesdays. Ouch!

No he didn't. I text messaged him while he was at work today. I will give him a call and find out more. I think he expected it to sound like a thunderheader, but with the CAT I hear all the slip on's just don't sound the same. I have true Rinehart duels on my 04 Road Glide and love them, but I'm afraid to do all that on my 2010 out here in Calif and don't want to mess up the 2 year factory warranty. I'm going to talk to my local dealer about this and see what I can get away with.

Well I just got off the photo with my friend and he said he was very disappointed. Said it reminded him of a Screamin Eagle Touring muffler sound. After installing it, he said he took a test ride up and down his street, while he wife and Son in Law watched. As he piulled back into his driveway, he said he had this disappointed look on his face and his wife told him that he needed to go with something else. He said they were louder than stock and had a nice even tone with acceleration, but sounded nothing like the Thunderheaders he's heard. He did say that he did not take it off yet and wanted to talk to the H-D dealer and see if a full system will void the 2 year H-D warranty. If it does void the warranty, he says he will just live with a quiet Thunderheader for two years.

Back