free website stats program Thunder Mountain Custom ignition issues | Harley Davidson Forums

Thunder Mountain Custom ignition issues

TMC103SE

Does someone have an answer...
Have '07 Thunder Mountain Custom, 103SE, HD ignition. Had Pwr Cmdr installed and dyno last year when I installed Samson Big Gun 3s. It ran great rest of the year. After sitting a few weeks…It wouldn’t start, so trickled the battery for a couple of days, then it started right up.
Since then, the yellow light doesn’t come on when turning on the dash, and the flashers blink 4 times, and then starts fine, but the speedo and tach do not work. One time the yellow light came on, like it supposed to, when turning on the dash. That time, flashers didn’t go off and the speedo and tach worked. Since then, it's back to : no yellow dash light, then 4 flashes from the blinkers, and no speedo or tach, even tho it fires right up... ??

Check it for codes it should still use a HD computer.. Do you have a Security system ?

Was wondering myself it maybe it has a security system... Nothing was said when purchased, and they certainly didn't give me a fob to activate/deactivate..........

May have to take back to the people who installed the Power Commander, as it may be part of the issue along with a possible SSystem.
Thanks guys for your thoughts and info..........

Back