free website stats program Thunder Max With Auto Tune | Harley Davidson Forums

Thunder Max With Auto Tune

glider.

BOT Machine
Here's Zippers page with the info for the T Max with auto tune. It self tunes and eliminates all dyno work.
Keep in mind when using one of these units that if you travel and have a break down, the downside is most dealers will not work on the bike with this unit installed.

Product List

Installation Manual below.
6 MB, takes a minute to download.

309-360 SmartLink IV Tuning Manual.pdf Link 1
309-360 SmartLink IV Tuning Manual.pdf Link 2

Here's some other helpful links.

Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) and Performance Parts for Harley Davidson and VTwin Motorcycles

And more info on the unit.

http://www.thunder-max.com/Brochures/TMaxPromoSM_072408.pdf#view=fit

I emailed Zippers Performance and asked where there were on one for the TWB(throttle by wire) units and this was their reply>
>
Matt,
Thank you for your interest in our ThunderMax EFI System for your bike.
We are working on the ThunderMax for the TBW bikes. We are making great
progress and will have the system available in the first part of 2009. We
are currently taking Pre-Orders for the new system and I will make sure that
I contact you as soon as we have any new information.
Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you.

These guy's are Great.
I installed My TMax this after noon, It's up and running. It idles perfect.

I'll take it out for a ride tomorrow, it's 30 degrees now, these old bones won't do well.

The install and start up were flawless:bigsmiley8:

Albert,
Hello and thank you for your interest in our ThunderMax System for your
bike.
I called and left you a voice mail at the number that you provided.

We do have a ThunderMax that will work with your application! The part
number is 309-360 and we have the system in stock ready to ship! We will
load the best choice of a base map into the ThunderMax before we ship it to
you!
If you would like to order the ThunderMax for your bike, please let me know
and I will be happy to get one on the way to you! You can call me here
Mon-Fri 9a-6p.
Thank You!

Thank You for choosing Zipper's Performance Products.
Pete Stewart
410-579-2828 ext 127
410-579-2835 fax
pete.s@zippersperformance.com
Home
Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) and Performance Parts for Harley Davidson and VTwin Motorcycles

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:02 AM
To: Pete Stewart
Subject: FW: ThunderMax Information Request - IF20081116125838

Name: Albert Schurman

Motorcycle Year: 2007
Motorcycle Model: Softail FXSTC
Motorcycle Engine Size: 96 ci all stock

Categories: Fuel Injection

Referrer: internet

Comments/Questions: I have a totally stock bike. Can I purchase the Thunder
max efi pre-loaded with the proper map?

Al

Now that's the type of customer service I like to see.:naughty

First class response from a first class company.

OK,
At 34 degrees I went 6 miles with the TMax making it purr like a kitten, I will say it never ran this well.
I don't know how it can get any better, but time riding will tell.

Al

I e-mailed the company and this is their response, hope it's accurate:bigsmiley11:
I submitted the e-mail yesterday (Sunday) and they've already replied

Bill,

We will be starting our production run shortly for the TBW Thundermax EFI module. We have every intention to have this product available for sale and installation at this upcoming event at Daytona Beach. When the Thundermax is installed on your motorcycle it will for the most part eliminate the need to have the bike dyno tuned when changes are made to the motorcycle. You will be able to change your air cleaner, cams and slip on mufflers and not need to make any adjustments to the mapping in the module. The system will learn the requirements thru the o2 sensors based on exhaust readings and any needed adjustment is made automatically as the bike is driven. If you elect to go to a larger motor size, say from a 96 top a 103, you simply access the base map library thru the internet software and load a new base map according to your new engine size free of charge. Each base map will list the components in the motor that was used to create the base map.

I have generated an allocation ticket for you that will alert the sales staff that you are interested in the TBW Thundermax. You will be receiving a call from one of our staff to alert you when the module is available.

The new TBW Thundermax has a completely new software platform that is unique to the electronic throttle bikes. You can access the present software for free and take a look at the various base maps and the installation manual that pertain to the cable driven bikes. The software for the new TBW units will be similar to what is presently on the web site, but the present software will give you an idea as to what is available.

This can be downloaded from "www.thunder-max.com"

Thank you for choosing Zipper's Performance Products.

Mark Emery
410.579.2828 ext. 117

Home
Zipper's - Downloads
http://www.zippersperformance.com/downloads/pdf/2009ZippersCatalog_100809.pdf
You Tube link:
YouTube - ThunderMaxAV's Channel

I have a problem I need some help with. My 2011 Ultra Limited won't start. I installed a Tmax ECM a couple of years ago. Install went smoothly. Started right up with no problems. About two weeks ago I replaced the battery without following all the procedures for disconnecting power. Again no problems. About 4 days ago I started having intermittent starting problems. It would crank but no start. I would cycle the ignition switch or wait one and hit the starter again. After two or three tries it would start normally. Now I cant get it to start at all. I get cranking but no start. I have gone through the initialization procedure and replaced the crank position sensor and still no start. I have checked for spark and there is no spark. I have checked all the fuses and again no problems. I have linked into the module and it shows ALL codes being thrown as if it is not receiving a signal from any sensor. I have plugged in a known good Tmax ECM and gotten the same result. It appears the ECM is getting no signals from any sensor. When I turn on the ignition the usual sound of the throttle plate being cycled is also not happening. I have a feeling that my security system may be acting up since I can't think of any other reason for the problems I'm having. I do get cranking and the security indicators all seem to be normal.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Back