free website stats program thunder beach or daytona | Harley Davidson Forums

thunder beach or daytona

which one do you prefer? myself thunder beach. less police interferance, most venues are free. cheap beer. overall cost less. my opinion of course.

I've been to Biketoberfest twice and didn't experience any police interference. If anything, they were doing an awesome job keeping traffic flowing and helping folks out. I can't remember ever having to pay for any venues other than the Monster Dash ride around the speedway, which was well worth it!

I've been to PCB but not during either of their rallies. Seems like the one main road would get quite congested just like Main Street in Daytona. It's on my short list of things to do since it's not too far from where I live.

Hard for me to pick a favorite between the two. I've been to both many times and they are very different from one another.

I like to check out all the after market vendors and the like so Daytona has a big edge in that area. Thunder Beach has a real beach atmosphere and is growing a bit every year.

Like 'em both.

Been to Bike Week, Biketober, and Thunder Beach (both Spring and Fall). Don't like the spring ralleys in Daytona or PCB, weather changes too much. Fall is much better weather seems to be more stable. Last time in Daytona for Bike Week, it got down in the 20's for 2 days, burrrrrrr!!!! Then it rained for 2 days. Most all my buddies think the same as I do. Although my Bike shop owner buddy goes to all, but he is trying to drum up more business. If you go this fall to PCB, I'll look for you. Have fun no matter when or where you go, and be safe. If you go to Daytona, do the demo ride thing. Last time we went, WE spent nearly all day ridding everything Harley had, much fun.

less police interferance, my opinion of course.

I've been to several Daytona events over the years and have not seen 1 police interference/hassle incident. The One and Only time I ever saw one was about 15 years ago when the police had a DB meter and were giving out tickets on US1 in Port Orange for loud pipes.. As long as your not doing wheelies, I don't think they care about much.

I agree with Hoople. If you reving the engine, doing burnouts, wheelies, you will draw the attention of the LEOs. Other than that, have fun and spend your $$$$. Oh ya, many FL cities, Volusia county (and all other counties) and the state is hurting big time (lower tax revenue due to housing crisis). The local police and FHP will gladly write tickets for speeding and other items to increase their revenue.

Ride safe and have fun!

Daytona is going to drop the hammer on loud pipes

The locals have been complaing alot lately guess they dont want our tourist dollars downtown area is harsh with cops out in Holly Hill area they leave us alone pretty much

Back