free website stats program Throwing new codes | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Throwing new codes

Had to have the regulator replaced in June the work was done at H-D central, Grand Island Ne. the mechanic checked the numbers and said it was in the catagory of malfunctioning regulators and got H-D to pay for the replacement, just had to pay labor.
I had replaced the regulator about a year and half before. Maybe yours is in the same catagory.

Checked the date code. My regulator falls in the range. It was faulty when I bought it. I'm gonna head to the dealership tomorrow and see if they'll do me right.

Just got back from the Lakeland dealership. They exchanged my regulator no questions asked. I printed out a copy of the Service Bulletin that Hoop provided, they read it, confirmed my regulator was in that date range and gave me a new one. Couldn't have been easier. I've said it before and will say it again, if you need a motorcycle, or related service, try the guys at Lakeland, Florida HD. Great dealership.

thanks 01RK and Hoop for the info!!

Let us know if your problems go away.

Doc,, tested the stator, it's in spec. Installed the VR today. Haven't ridden it yet, but did fire her up. Voltage went to just over 14v right where it should be at idle. think she'll be fine, but I'll keep you posted should something go wrong.

Big thanx to Hoop and 01RK for their help.

Back