free website stats program Throwing new codes | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Throwing new codes

There is a proof positive test for a stator but you would need one of these. Harley Davidson Forums

A standard AC output voltage test using a meter will give you a proof negative but not a proof positive. If you have a helper, it's not hard to perform the test. I would do it.

As far as noise (shushing sound) being a stator issue,,, Yes it's possible the noise is from the rotor/stator but I can't see it making the output voltage of the regulator climb up. I can see it driving the charging voltage Down but not Up.

DTC: P0562 is the only code you have (battery voltage low). The other part numbers are not telling you to replace them.

By chance, did you see if the readings while using a test meter at the battery MATCHED the meter on the dash panel.
You want to make sure that what your seeing on the dash is actually what you have at the battery.

The stator machine looks interesting, is it a hoopster special? Reference the gauge, i did not compare but can tell you under normal conditions the gauge reads just north of 14 volts.

Had to have the regulator replaced in June the work was done at H-D central, Grand Island Ne. the mechanic checked the numbers and said it was in the catagory of malfunctioning regulators and got H-D to pay for the replacement, just had to pay labor.
I had replaced the regulator about a year and half before. Maybe yours is in the same catagory.

O1 RK is right. I forgot all about that. Here is a copy of the service bulletin. Check your date code against the list. The date you purchased yours is close to this bulletin.

Attachments

• M1325.pdf
    232.6 KB · Views: 39
01RK and Hoop, thanx for the info. I'll dig up the receipt from the last regulator that I bought and see what the dealership will do for me. This frustrates me as this will be the third time I've had to replace a regulator on one of my Harleys. Why can't the MoCo find a reliable manufacturer? anyhow, I appreciate the info. It's a nice brisk 64* with minimal humidity here in Cengral Florida..I'mtaking the dog for a walk. Ya'll have a good day.

Dont know much about the electrical system - plenty here that do.
I just wanted to jump in here and say Im happy to see you attending church. AND riding a bike there is a plus. :)

Bill

Good Mr.Baggins,

I've be been a Christian all of my adult life (although I regret to say at times didn't live as such) and go to a wonderful old school Baptist church. theres quite a few of us that ride. If you ever get to CentralFlorida look me up.

Mark

Dont know much about the electrical system - plenty here that do.
I just wanted to jump in here and say Im happy to see you attending church. AND riding a bike there is a plus. :)

Bill

TQ - Im just curious here...... why and what did you need to edit on my post?? It doesn't state a reason for the edit like some other posts that are edited.

Thanks -- Post # 9 of this thread.
Bill

Last edited:
TQ - Im just curious here...... why and what did you need to edit on my post?? It doesn't state a reason for the edit like some other posts that are edited.

Thanks -- Post # 9 of this thread.
Bill

He edited it so your comment didn't appear within the OP's quote.

Back