free website stats program Throwing new codes | Harley Davidson Forums

Throwing new codes

Mavagrand

On the way home from church, check engine light flashed on then off. got home and I had historical codes stored. Checked them, they're as follows:

TSM - b0563 - High voltage (p/n 68924-07 TSSM)

SP - b1006 - Accesory overload
b1007 - ign overload (p/n 67348-04c and 67349-08 Speedo)

T- b1006- Acc overload
b1007 - ign overload

Bike is an 08 FLHTC with Stage 1 and Rhinehart 2 into 1. has 35k on the clock. runs fine, never hesitated when the light flashed. I replaced the Voltage regulator a couple of years ago and have no problems since.

of interest, the rubber boot on my trip reset switch was cracked and allowed water into the switch, it now sticks and I have to push it repeatedly to get it to work. I'm wondering if this switch might be prompting these codes? I have the diagnostic manual and will look more into this on the weekend but wanted to get ya'll's opinion about the reset switch. thanx

All the codes are pointing to excessive charging voltage. Using a quality meter and check the voltage across the battery while the engine is above 2000 RPM for at least 10 seconds. Anything much above above 14.75 is pushing it. Really should be something around 14.20 to 14.60.

Just collecting info... how old is your battery. Was your replacement regulator a genuine HD. Are the battery cables clean & tight.

Good morning, Hoop!

Battery is not HD and is probably 1.5 yrs old. The new regulator was bought at the HD dealership. Haven't taken the seat off to check the cables, I'll do that first thing saturday.

I dunno if Hoople will agree with me here, I have found it best to make ALL electrical tests with a FULL charged battery

Great point Jack. That can save a person from buying a part that he doesn't really need.
I know we all hate that.:)

Great point Jack. That can save a person from buying a part that he doesn't really need.
I know we all hate that.:)

:s I am learning MORE about electrics NOW than before from whom I consider THE BEST, Thanks for ALL your help here Mr Electricity:D

Got it on a battery tender.

I haven't checked the battery yet but will do so on Saturday. In the event it is reading high at the battery, what should I do? Is it time to replace the battery? I hope not, it's only a couple of years old. Also, what would cause a high voltage problem? I understand a battery getting old and losing voltage, but what would make them overcharge?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't checked the battery yet but will do so on Saturday. In the event it is reading high at the battery, what should I do? Is it time to replace the battery? I hope not, it's only a couple of years old. Also, what would cause a high voltage problem? I understand a battery getting old and losing voltage, but what would make them overcharge?

An internal short could cause a battery to over charge, rare, my money is on the regulator running wild

On the way home from church,

Dont know much about the electrical system - plenty here that do.
I just wanted to jump in here and say Im happy to see you attending church. AND riding a bike there is a plus. :)

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
An open field on the stator could cause a full field and cause the alternator to run wild also

Back