free website stats program Throwing codes | Harley Davidson Forums

Throwing codes

barttoday

Just put on new shiny switch housing and now I am throwing codes!! Here they are.......
P0572
C1094
C1095.

Any ideas?? I know it's something to do with the switch housings. Check engine light only comes on after riding for a while and not upon startup.

As always, thanks.:small3d023:

I would write down the codes, and clear them. See if they reappear. Since you just worked on the bike, it is possible they were erroneously generated. That has happen to me.

If they reappear, then I would trouble shoot it.

P0572-Brake switch low
C1094-Front brake switch always on
C1095-Front brake switch open
The C codes are ABS
I would check your right housing, did you shim the brake lever befofore installing? Is the nipple sheared off the brake switch? Also check for wires pinched under front brake lever clamp.

Barttoday, Chopper has you covered here. Check the brake switch. If you did not shim the lever chances are you may created the problem there.

When I changed my grips, the bike started throwing DTCs (P1510 and P2138). I cleared them out, but came back. I had to re-do the right grip install, ensure the wires were not pinched or tight and in the end, no more DTCs.

Just some very sensitive connections in there.

Ride safe and have fun.

When I changed my grips, the bike started throwing DTCs (P1510 and P2138). I cleared them out, but came back. I had to re-do the right grip install, ensure the wires were not pinched or tight and in the end, no more DTCs.

Just some very sensitive connections in there.

Ride safe and have fun.

Definitely, lots of critical wires/connections crammed into spall places. Doesn't take much to cre8 a problem. Definitely don't want to be pushing & shoving things into place. Chopper's the man w/the plan & hope it corrects your issue(s).

Barttoday;

What do you mean "throwing codes"? Where do they show up?

The chrome switch covers look great. Do they fit well?

Here's a little more descriptive information:

P0572 - Brake switch input error - Poor connection: Inspect component and harness connectors for backed out terminals, improper mating, broken
locks, improperly formed or damaged terminals, poor terminal-
to-wire connection and damaged harnesses.

C1094 - FRONT BRAKE SWITCH ALWAYS ON - The DTC will set if all of the following conditions exist for 2 seconds:
• The ECU sees a front brake input.
• The vehicle speed exceeds 25 MPH (40 km/h).
• The vehicle acceleration exceeds 5 MPH/second

C1095 - FRONT BRAKE SWITCH OPEN - The DTC will set if all of the following conditions exist for 2 seconds:
• The ABS module detects an open in the front brake input
circuit.
• The ABS module detects an open in the ground circuit to
the front brake switch.

Took it back apart to check it out. Nothing looked out of the ordinary. Tightened it all back up and did the next logical thing. (After clearing the codes out) Rode it for about 50 miles and no codes. Must have been from doing the install or something. Thanks for the detailed info chopper. Wish me luck on the chrome lower installation this weekend!!

Back