free website stats program Throttleing issues | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttleing issues

noahs1980

I have a 2008 Street Bob, factory electronics and intake and Rinehart exhaust. Recently the bike has been giving me some problems. Everytime i go to start her up she revs really high after starting for about 10 seconds or so and then comes back down to a normal Idle. No matter what I do it does this every time I start it. So far it has not caused any problems, its just annoying that I can't fix it. Any ideas?

--Noah

The fly by wire bikes had a problem with this . When you shut the bike down take your hand off the throttle and let it return to an idle for a few seconds before turning it off. I believe the dealer has a download that will help with this and that keeps the memory in the ECM active a bit longer than the original time limit so it "sees" a normal idle instead of something like when you have your hand on the throttle.

Read about it here but use the "preview link" to see it not the other one.

08 High Idle TT380.pdf - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

Thanks ill check the link above. Also just checked for Error codes and found this one..

P0505 Loss of Idle Sped Control EFI

Any suggestions on troubleshooting this?

--Noah

Could be part of the problem. Let the dealer sort it out and mention the problem you were having as well as the code.

Back