free website stats program Throttle Stuck Open | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle Stuck Open

Sorry for the lack of more detail. It's s 2007 Road King, no cruise control issues, throttle does snap back, have not changed grips or done any recent mods. I'm going to pull the air cleaner off today and check the butterfly as well as cable pinching etc. thanks for all the helpful responses
WAP.gif

Turned out to be a defective (90 day old) idle cable and also some burrs on the handle bar under the throttle grip.....ALL GOOD NOW!

Update......turned out to be a bad cable and small spurs under the throttle grip, replaced cable and sanded everything smooth and has been working just fine. My apologies for the lack of info on year and model ( 07 RK with 14" apes) Appreciate all the help offered, hdtimeline is a valuable resource.

Keep the cables lubed on a regular basis and good luck
I've tried several lubes on the cable in the past, most recently I shot some Marvel Mystery OIl down the cable housing and was quite impressed.

I filled an old syringe and stuck it into the opening of both cables at the top and added until it weeped out the bottom.
Worked very good and no mess.

I've tried several lubes on the cable in the past, most recently I shot some Marvel Mystery OIl down the cable housing and was quite impressed.

I filled an old syringe and stuck it into the opening of both cables at the top and added until it weeped out the bottom.
Worked very good and no mess.

Excellent suggestion Jeff. My bike is TBW, but the clutch control is a real cable.

Cheers,

TQ

Excellent suggestion Jeff. My bike is TBW, but the clutch control is a real cable.

Cheers,

TQ

Works good for the clutch cable as well TQ, just have to turn the bars to the right and lean it a bit.
A second pair of hands is helpful for the clutch side.

Back