free website stats program Throttle seems stuck in cruise mode | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle seems stuck in cruise mode

sddurbin

My '08 FLHT has what I would describe as a 'sticky throttle' situation, in that the throttle grip doesn't want to return to an idle mode after running at speeds above near idle. I don't have the optional cruise control, just the standard thumb control, but it doesn't seem to matter where I set it, as I must physically turn the grip to return to an idle setting after riding. Bike is still under warranty, but wanted some thoughts before I ride up to the dealer. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Scott in IL

Could be the thumb screw is a bit tight and holding the throttle open or if the grips or switch housings have been changed, the throttle sleeve may be too far onto the bars and contacting the bars, even may need a lubrication too under the sleeve.
Try loosening the screws in the switch housings a bit and back the throttle up off the bars about 1/8" and see if it helps.

glider: Will do. I did have new grips put on, as well as the chrome switch housing, when I bought the bike. But I've put on about 9500 miles since then with no problems, until a few days ago. Thanks for the quick reply. Scott in IL

Back