free website stats program Throttle response disappeared, muffler gone? | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle response disappeared, muffler gone?

sumu

Hi, I ride Softail EFI 2005, just less than 3000 miles in meter (being in less use before I bought). Anyway, what happened, in very warm ambient, riding slowly but then accelerating speed quite a lot, something blows from exhaust, noise got crazy and throttle not responding as should. Still, engine starts well but throttle response is away.
Would appreciate any help on this!!
Thanks, sumu.

Need a bit more info on what blew out the exhaust. Was it a baffle or some smoke?

Hi! There was a kind of smoke coming out, but not too much. Mufflers have been bored for better sound. Could it be that something blocks the oxy sensor and then controller gets nasty? I would say noise went up because something broke in exhaust, or somewhere, not sure. Engine was running pretty hot because of some 90F or over ambient.

yes, it was black but then turned to be less. I do not mind if baffles and so are gone because have new VH exhaust to be installed, with airfilter and Tmax. So, if you know there could be something in engine? why the throttle response has gone? Like said it starts well but when turning more gas, it stops. When smoothly turning, it keeps running and starts to take rpm. I have not run the bike since this happened. This is EFI model.

Great thanks Hobbit! What do you mean by tuner? My plan is now to install new VH exhaust in replace ECU by Tmax w/ autotune, and new VN V2 filter. In your opinion, is it better to not to try to run at all in this condition?
Sumu

Yes, it was actually the previous owner who de-cored the exhaust. Here we see...
I think I take a lorry to get hd to workshop, to avoid any damage. Yes, the autotune I understood does not need dyno, thats why I bought Zippers. Easier when biking in different climate, now in Caribbean but next year in Europe.
Great thanks again!!! Now I got it.

Sumu

Yes, it was actually the previous owner who de-cored the exhaust. Here we see...
I think I take a lorry to get hd to workshop, to avoid any damage. Yes, the autotune I understood does not need dyno, thats why I bought Zippers. Easier when biking in different climate, now in Caribbean but next year in Europe.
Great thanks again!!! Now I got it.

Sumu[Actually the problems was ECM, it was thinking that engine has only one cylinder. Changing brains fixed the issue]

Back