free website stats program Throttle lock/Criuse control | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle lock/Criuse control

tsp45acp

Just picked up my 08 XL1200C Sportster this weekend. E-mailed the Kuryakyn tech staff about the Electro-Magnetic Cruise Assist. It's not available for 08 Sportsters.

Do the knowledgeable members here know of any kind of throttle lock or cruise control that WILL work with this bike. I wont use the "spinnie knob" under the throttle as a throttle lock. I already put the throttle rocker for hand relief on and that's OK, but I'm looking for something that will allow me to remove my hand completely from the throttle for short peroids of time- (beginning stages of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and tingling/numbness sets in quickly). Thanks in advance Tracy

There is a cruise lock that I am interested in acquiring, but it's expensive: $89 to purchase, with enough shipping to make it a cool $100.

Here's the link: Cruise Buddy replaces the stock throttle-tensioning device (thumbscrew) on most OEM Harley Davidson housings

This replaces the little spinner on bottom with a quick lever with on/off easy lock functions. Yeah, the electronic lock was on my list until I found out it is not available for Sportster's either. It sure looks neat....

Take a look at the MCG Custom unit...it's on my xmas list....

why won't you use the "spinny nob" I use it and it works fine

Scottaudio, Do you have a link to the MCG Custom Unit?

Wildspirit97, The tingling and numbness I get in my fingers and thumbs would make it difficult to be able to "undo" the spinnie knob.

Hobbit, Brakeaway website says it doesn't fit 04 and newer Sportsters. Thanks anyway---I liked the looks of that alot.

Tracy

Check out this web site they have grips that have a spinner lock built in
i have there grips installed on my bike and there really comfortable too, mine dont have the lock on them as i have an eletronic cruse on mine
good luck and i hope you find something that works for you

coolsac.com

there are many out there from a few $$$ to hundreds $$$, i have used the cheaper ones and the dont grip very well and you slow down over time :D

this is a clever take on the mechanical cruise as its incorporates a brake release that even the Magnetic Kuryakyn one does not

BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control - Product Info

this is the one i would most likely go for.

I got this one bookmarked, I like the idea of a brake release.

tried to cut and paste the link for the MCG throttle lock, and I'll try again:

Cruise Buddy replaces the stock throttle-tensioning device (thumbscrew) on most OEM Harley Davidson housings [Note by Speed : Visitors outside USA can't view this site]

Let's see if that works. When I click on the sentence on my earlier email, it works as a link too.

I do not like the spinner knob, because it takes several hits at it to completely disengage, and I do not like that. I want an on/off unit, and that is why the MCG appeals to me.

Well, I tried again and the messageboard put the verbiage tied to the link on the message. You can click the description with a line under it and it should work.

Here it is spelled out:

Cruise Buddy replaces the stock throttle-tensioning device (thumbscrew) on most OEM Harley Davidson [Note by Speed : Visitors outside USA can't view this site]

Try that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm begining to think this message board is too smart for it's own good. I tried to spell out the words for the link, and it still put it into the verbiage that is associated with the home page.

Let's try this:

[Note by Speed]
Links removed - See and click current link on post #8 above.

This is simple and works fairly well for $24. It hooks to the star wheel so you are not changing anything.

Throttle Lock Lever dot com - Throttle Lock Cruise Control Levers that look great and work like a charm!

I don't use it that much and if you are on a rough road I think the vibration causes it to slip but on concrete or smooth asphalt it works for me.

I lock it with my thumb then unlock with my index finger. I cannot get it all the way off but enough for the throttle to drop almost to idle so I then move it back the rest of the way with my thumb. The way mine is set sometimes I have to roll the throttle closed as it will hang at a fast idle.

Mostly I will use it for maybe a minute so I can stretch my arm and move my fingers around. I guess old age is sneaking up on me.

Back