free website stats program Throttle Is Not Closing | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle Is Not Closing

RottMan

On my 09 SG I'm noticing that when I release the throttle it doesn't roll all the way back to the closed position. I have to manually rotate it back the last bit which drops the RPMs down from about 1100 to 900. Also, when I got off the bike this morning at work, I twisted the throttle open and it didn't close at all. Now the bike was off at this time so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but it does seem strange and the fact that it doesn't completely close when I'm riding concerns me. I know nothing about the new "by wire" throttle. Any thoughts?

If you have changed the grips, this may be part of the problem, otherwise take it back to the dealer for the proper documentation and repair before you get injured.

I haven't changed the grips. I was hoping to hold off till my 1K service, which will be soon as I'm at 800 miles already, but it looks like I'm gonna have to make two trips to the dealer now.

Come on, I've only had mine a week, and I've got 940! :p.

I finally got to take your bike off as my background! Thanks for letting me 'borrow' it!

As a sidenote, I took mine to Don Hotop yesterday because he has some new grips that I really like. He went to put them on and didn't think they would work with my fly by wire. we decided to wait until spring. He said he is getting a SG glide for a winter project so he can make new parts for Drag Specialties for the new designs.

Congrats! Lets see some pics!

For anyone interested....got a call from the dealer today. Bike is ready to go. Issue was simple...loosened the 2 screws on the switch housing and adjusted out the grip a bit...all better. :s

Back