free website stats program Throttle Grip not moving....at all | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle Grip not moving....at all

I have seen throttle plates jam in the bore if the idle screw were turned in too far. If you have an idle screw, turn it to raise the idle rpm a little. Right now, the throttle idle stop might not even be contacting the idle rpm adjust screw allowing the throttle plate to become the stop and the plate gets stuck.

Success !! I'm going to be a broke man if I ever meet ya'll and buying a round. Thanks ya'll. You nailed it. I got that doohickie and turned it into the thingamajig and im fixed.:ap

The throttle plate was closing all the way and occasionally "seating" itself. The feel of a click came back when I throttled up. Finally, it wouldnt move at all again. On the face of the throttle body is a torx head screw. Adjusted that which opened the plate a tad. Click gone, seating gone. Had a fellow rider come over and set the cables right........smooth running. Cables checked out ( second opinion).

That Torx seats against the plastic plate where the cables attach, which turns the throttle plate. I re-read the manual, no mention or even a description of the Torx....but its in the diagram. Fig 9-42, lower right front of the throttle body. Thats the Torx.

Thanks again........feel much better chasing that one down. Put on new upper fork covers, polished again and even did my big spokes.....a good day.

Back