free website stats program Throttle by wire? | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle by wire?

ahern25

Does the power commander V have a program to by pass the throttle by wire lag thats programed from the plant? I read in another forum that the power commander has that ability and if you have a power commander V theres no need to buy a throttle pak from vance and hines. I have an 09 road king with a PCV. Was looking to buy the throttle pak from vance and hines to get rid of the lag time. Just wondering if anyone has any input on this. I dont mind buying the throttle pak if it works but if the PCV does the same thing then whats the point. Thanks for your replies.

Just curious if anyone has done it and if it made a differnce or is the throttle pak from vance and hines a better way to go.

im sure HD had a bulletin on this and there was a map to smooth the throttle lag as i had my bagger done - will see if i can find it - im sure it should be on here somewhere

The PC V does not do that and it really is a very basic tuner compared to say the TTS master tune.

One thing to be very careful about is this. The PC has larger pins than the stock ECM thus when you install it we have seen this first hand. It spreads the stock ECM plug pins out and you end up with FBW issues. Most common is grip sensor failure, t/b motor failure. These parts are not bad it is the lack of good connection at the plug.

Funny that PC stated how good the PC V is and then went and built the power vision system.. Which is having some growing pains as well.

I would look at the Master tune. It is not a piggy back system, will not harm the pins and will allow 6 times + more adjustments. This information is out there in cyber space for further reading.

If you want I will be happy to post up a side by side but the PC list is a short one compared to the TTS. Now the SE SEST is a decent tuner as well. It has a few things that I do not care for but we tune both. If I had to make a choice the TTS is it hands down. Free updates, real customer support etc. Just my opinion for what its worth.

Back