free website stats program Throttle by Wire | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle by Wire

Here's the deal. I called my dealer today and they know nothing about a download to fix the TBW....

When you asked for a download to fix the problem. Was the dealer's reply "To fix what".

If that is so,, what was your reply.

What did you describe as the "Problem".. Because it really is not a "Problem".

When you asked for a download to fix the problem. Was the dealer's reply "To fix what".

If that is so,, what was your reply.

What did you describe as the "Problem".. Because it really is not a "Problem".

If there is a download available that others have gotten, wouldnt that tell you that there is a problem? Why create a fix for a non-problem? He knew the issue I was talking about as stated in my previous post. I can live with it the way it is but if there is a known issue and there is a fix available am I not intitled to it?

What I am asking is did you describe the problem as a Lazy feel in the throttle or having a delay in reaction time from when input was applied..

What I am asking is did you describe the problem as a Lazy feel in the throttle or having a delay in reaction time from when input was applied..

We visited about all of the differences in feel compared to a throttle cable. He understands all of them. I believe I spoke mainly about the slight delay in response. I guess what I am saying is he had no knowledge of any fixes available for the TBW. I'm just courious why others have had a fix downloaded that my dealer knows nothing about.

It sounds like your dealer is a putz. It's an update or tech tip for the TBW and not a "fix" .

Ask him if he could check HD Net or find another dealer that knows what they are doing.

Thanks Glider. When I call him back I will mention this to him. If you know of another dealer I could just call on the phone, I would like to put them in touch with mine.

I wish I had a dealer closer to home. The guys 30 miles away went belly up last year. He was a dishonest man and it finally caught up with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Print about 20 copies of that TT and roll it up and when you get to the dealer, hit him over the head with it. :bigsmiley20:

IMO, the MOCO plays the law of averages. By this I mean that if they don't notify owners of something that needs to be done to the bike, then they don't have to reimburse the dealers $$$ for work performed to correct an issue. I guess it translates to a lot of $$$ and that is what they are about unfortunately instead of correcting the issue with a notice to the customer like other companies do.

Sad thing is this isnt just a moco thing its ever maker .. anyone heard about the maytag dishwasher recall for fire thats been out since 6/2/2010? but most havent

tell um ya have intermittent high idle .. the fix for it also resyncs the throttle body and twist grip sensor

Back